½ cup pitted medjool dates, soaked
½ cup agave nectar or maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract, optional
1/ ½ cups mashed avocado (3 avocados)
¾ cup organic cocoa or carob powder
½ cup water
- Places the dates, agave nectar, and vanilla extract, if using, in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Add the mashed avocado and cocoa powder and process until creamy.
- You may need to stop and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula a few times.
- Add the water and process until smooth.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.
- Stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator, chocolate mousse with keep up to 3 days in the refrigerator and 2 weeks in the freezer.
Chocolate Sauce or Fondue: Increase the water to 1 cup.
Fudgesicles: Freeze the Chocolate Mousse in ice cube trays. Thaw for 5 minutes before serving.