Black Forest Cherry Brownies
2 cups walnuts, soaked and dehydrated
6 tbs or 3/8 cups pitted dates, packed
6 tbs carob powder, or cacao powder
¼ cup pitted, chopped, dried cherries
2-3 tbs water
1 tsp cherry extract
- Put 2 cups of walnuts in a food processor outfitted with the “S” blade and grind them until they are the consistency of meal.
- Loosely separate the dates and add them to the food processor. Continuer to process until the mixture is well combined.
- Add the carob, or cacao powder, and the cherry extract, and process to mix.
- Add the remaining walnuts and the cherries to the brownie mixture, and sprinkle with the water. Pulse a few times, just mix. Do not over process.
- Firmly press the brownie mixture with hands into a 7x7 inch brownie pan lined with parchment paper.
- Chill for at least 1 hour before slicing and serving.
Storage: Stored in a sealed glass container, brownies will keep for 1 week in the refrigerator, and 3 months in the freezer.